Re: [Aspell-user] Unexpected result in pipe mode, line starts with plus

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Unexpected result in pipe mode, line starts with plus sign
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:51:11 -0700 (MST)

sun fish wrote:

Note that this result begins with a plus sign + instead of & * or #. I
believe this means that "rsA'l" is the root word of "brsAilnA" (since
b+ and +nA are affixes), but this does not seem to be part of the
usual aspell/ispell pipe api. Can someone point me to some
documentation or clarify this functionality?

Your assumption is correct. Sorry for the outdated docs. The output attempts to mimic Ispell as close as possible. See the Ispell manual page (http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-man.html). Doc. patches welcome.

Second question....  I can't get example-c to work with the arabic
dictionary. Does anyone have example usage of example-c with a
different character set and language (not english, non-latin)? I don't
really understand why I need to specify a size and jargon before I can
specify a character set (what do I set jargon to?). In any case, my
examples are all utf8, which does not seem to be a valid character set
for aspell.

./examples/example-c ar
Error: The file
"[...]/tools/aspell-0.61-20071105/lib/aspell-0.61/l-ar.cset" can not
be opened for reading.

This looks like a problem with your Aspell installation.  Does that file
exist?  It should.

./examples/example-c ar huge blah utf8

Use "-" instead of "huge" and "blah"