[Aspell-user] changing recommendation order

From: Joe Paxton
Subject: [Aspell-user] changing recommendation order
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:55:52 -0400

Hi,

Is there an easy way to force aspell to put my custom replacements
(~/.aspell.en.prepl) before all other recommended replacements for any
given misspelling in my custom list? For example, say I have the
misspelling "ur" which in my custom list maps to "you are." However,
aspell lists the suggested replacement "Ur" before my preferred
replacement ("you are"), when I want it to list my preferred
replacement to come before "Ur." How might I make it list my custom
replacement first?

I'm interested in doing this so that I can automate spelling
replacement with aspell in light of my custom list of replacements.

Thanks for your time.

-Joe Paxton