[Aspell-user] aspell and xml documents

From: Manfred Lotz
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell and xml documents
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:56:00 +0200

Hi there,
I have an XML document where I want to exclude certain parts from spell
checking. Although I messed with options like --rem-sgml-check I wasn't
able to achieve this.

Let us look at a minimal example:

$ cat test.xml
<text>
  <xref refid='blabla'>more bla</xref>
is available
</text>

In this case I don't want 'blabla' nor 'more bla' being spell checked.
I tried:

$ cat test.xml | aspell -H list

and got

bla

It seems that the refid attribute is automatically excluded. But how do
I get the text 'more bla' of <refid ../> excluded?

I tried all sort of things, for instance this one
cat test.xml | aspell -H  --rem-context-delimiters='<refid>,</refid>'
  --rem-sgml-check='refid' list

but nothing worked.

Any help appreciated.

--