auctex

Re: Turn off auto-indent

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Turn off auto-indent
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 21:25:37 +0100

"Hefferon, Jim S." <jhefferon@smcvt.edu> writes:

>> If I open a .tex file, do 'M-x electric-indent-local-mode RET' in order
>> to turn off the mode locally, I get this with your example:
>
>> xxxx
>>   \begin{itemize}
>
>>   \end{itemize}
>> test
>
>> xxxx
>
> Yes, Arash, exactly what I want.  How do I make that permanent?

I think your current setup with `remove-electric-indent-mode' in
`LaTeX-mode-hook' is OK.  Therefore I asked:

> With the setting above, what is the value of the variable
> `electric-indent-mode' when you open a .tex file, nil or t?

Did you check that?

I suspect the problem is somewhere else in your setup.  Maybe you want
to start with 'emacs -Q', eval this

(defun remove-electric-indent-mode ()
  (electric-indent-local-mode -1))
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'remove-electric-indent-mode)

and activate AUCTeX followed by opening a .tex file?  So the standard
debugging process, that should give you a clue.

P.S. Please keep the mailing-list in CC, thanks.

Best, Arash