avrusb-dev

[Avrusb-dev] restart AVR-USB interest

From: Dean Hall
Subject: [Avrusb-dev] restart AVR-USB interest
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:01:45 -0500

Hello,

I would like to restart interest in this list and the goal of making open software for the AT43USB3XX devices.

My personal project is the '355 based AvrUpod over at avrfreaks:
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php? module=FreaksAcademy&func=viewItem&item_type=project&item_id=322 I will be fabricating PCBs for this project pretty soon. If anyone is interested in going in on a group order, please contact me directly (I should warn you, this is untested, solder-it-yourself hardware; there may be trace-cutting and signal rerouting involved; but at least I'm willing to share schematics and layout).

The AvrUpod is the first project toward my larger goal which is beyond the scope of this mailing list. That goal, briefly, is to create a set of tools that allow me to design, develop and debug from my Mac (which has USB, but not a RS-232 port). This larger goal breaks down into these smaller projects: 1) A USB in-system programmer, the AvrUpod (JTAG is needed for gdb debugging later) 2) Get avr-gcc going from within the Xcode IDE (done; instructions on the net, see google)
        3) Get AVaRICE (gdb over JTAG) going from within Xcode
With these 3 things in place, this should allow a pretty nice development environment for Mac users. It will also allow me to continue developing PyMite, my flyweight Python interpreter for microcontrollers.

As you can see, I have a lot to do. I hope there are some people willing to help; especially with the AvrUpod firmware, as it is the foundation of my goal.

!!Dean