axiom-legal

[Axiom-legal] Re: Copyright notice Re: pfaffian.input.pamphlet

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-legal] Re: Copyright notice Re: pfaffian.input.pamphlet
Date: 29 Sep 2007 18:05:07 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

> > I just realised that you are possibly breaking Copyright in your pamphlet.
> > See
> > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_License>
>
> Ok. I'll withdraw the change and see if I can understand what it takes to
> be in compliance. I read the license over once and I'm not sure what it
> means. It will take several readings to guess. Thanks for the heads-up.

In any case, I think it would be a lot better to describe what the algorithm
does instead of writing a treatise on Pfaffians.  I'd presume that most people
have access to the internet, so a link to the wikipedia entry on Pfaffians and
a link to Günter Rote's paper, including the section numbers (i.e., 3.2 and
3.3), and corrections thereof (the leading coefficient of \lambda^2 in equation
(22) should be 1 rather than -1) would be more apropriate and more helpful.

Finally, if I read

\author{Timothy Daly, Gunter Rote, Martin Rubey}

(it's Günter, by the way) I'd think that the three of them implemented the
algorithm, but that's maybe only my personal view.  And I must say that I was a
bit surprised that you claim copyright for pasting text from wikipedia, but did
not state the fact that most (all?) of the material is from that site.

Martin