axiom-legal

Re: [Axiom-legal] Re: Copyright notice Re: pfaffian.input.pamphlet

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-legal] Re: Copyright notice Re: pfaffian.input.pamphlet
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:17:54 -0400

root wrote:
>> I just realised that you are possibly breaking Copyright in your pamphlet.
>> See
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_License>
>
> Ok. I'll withdraw the change and see if I can understand what it takes to
> be in compliance. I read the license over once and I'm not sure what it
> means. It will take several readings to guess. Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> Tim

That's why I use Wikipedia for just a starting point - often their
references are useful, and I try to write my own pamphlet based on the
original source material.

GFDL is a bit of a mess, IMHO - I've never cared for it, and literate
programming is going to confuse the issue even more.  The Debian
distribution doesn't put stuff with unmodifiable sections in Debian main:

http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001

Cheers,
CY