ayttm-devel

[Ayttm-devel] ref_count

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: [Ayttm-devel] ref_count
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:50:47 +0530 (IST)

OTOH, maybe ref_count should be set at the time that we allocate
resources for an account rather than when we log in, and should be unset
when we free these resources.

For most cases that would happen in the call to login, so ref_count can
be set there.

However, we have a problem - which is what happened with icq - that if
the login doesn't complete, and query_connected returns false, then
logout will never be called - so ref_count doesn't get reset.

I think we need two things.

1. Some way to cancel a pending login
2. At the time of quitting, we normally logout any logged in accounts.
we should also cancel any pending logins (by checking ela->connecting).

I'd also like to merge ela->connnected and ela->connecting into a single
variable with an enum value.  ela->status: EB_OFFLINE=0,
EB_CONNECTING=1, EB_CONNECTED=2, EB_DISCONNECTING=3

Philip

--
Being schizophrenic is better than living alone.