Re: [Beaver-devel] TODO additions

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] TODO additions
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:42:16 +0100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:55:19 -0500
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yeah, ideally (and according to the HIG), the toolbar is customizable.
Hm, I really should get familiar with the HIG.

> > - make doxygen.conf for function list; doxify sources
> Intriguing.  Sounds good, although I'm not very familiar with it.
It's not a hard thing as Doxygen figures most of it out by itself.
There's only one config file a sample of which can be autogenerated
and then easily edited (not that there's not much to edit...).
I've used it so far only with C++, though.

> > Additional and extraordinary syntax hightlighting feature proposal:
> > Highlight by syntax and context, e.g. for variable types not intrinsic.
> > It has always been annoying to me that there is absolutely no editor
> > that hightlight custom data types in C (think GtkWidget).
> > I have made some studies with PerlRE on this subject and must conclude
> > that it is possible to achieve this with some nice regular expressions.
> > This feature should be optional, though.
>
> Sounds cool.  It's a feature I've often missed.
How about your experience with regular expressions?

> > Autotoolizing. I know Automake and Autoconf and could do this one
> > if you don't have any problems with it - GetText will be yours to do
> > in any case, though.
> Sure.  I don't care who does it, but we definitely need to autotoolize.  :)
I'll do a working (though less-than-perfect) version in configure.ac
format by tomorrow or friday. It depends on whether I get home late
or not tomorrow.

> > Glade & RAD. I would like to emphasize that Glade could provide a great
> > [...]
> Yeah, I agree.  I looked into Glade and played around with it.  It was a
> bit much for me at once. I'll have to read some docs maybe or just play
> around with it.
My advice is to try the latter one - guess there's not much docs for Glade
anyway, and it's quite straight-forward IMO.

Another thing: I'd like to have line numbering with a nice (probably
adjustable) border on the left. I have a problem with text glueing
at the most outer left of my screen.
Do you have any ideas on line numbering? The border should be no problem
of course.

Leslie