Re: [Beaver-devel] TODO additions

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] TODO additions
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:10:30 +0100

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:20:26 -0500
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yeah, I'm flexible on the default settings.  But certainly, they should
> be configurable.
Naturally.

> You can create GtkTextTags that modify all sorts of behaviors
> [...]

> Got some pointers?
If you'd know German I would give you my tutorial ;)
But since this is not the case I can give you links to
these IMO in no way less excellent docs:

- `man 7 regex`
- `info regex`
- perlre: http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perlre.html
- FXRex: http://www.fox-toolkit.org/rex.html

I suggest you first read the FXRex page and get some tutorials
via Google - there are a lot of them explaining the basics.
Once you got the basics and are still interested, check out perlre
which covers advanced topics (cave: these are mostly Perl-specific).
To try out these things I suggest Perl itself.

Leslie