Re: [Beaver-devel] patch solving the small glitch...

From: Riccardo Persichetti
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] patch solving the small glitch...
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:10:08 +0100

hi Leslie

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:16:26 +0100
Leslie Polzer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd appreciate something between menu, toolbar and workspace,
> though; it is a little bit crowded as of now. Any idea?

well, comparing beaver to gedit (which is the default gnome
editor and tries to follow HIG) i don't see many differences.
i attached a screenshot of the 2 apps side by side.
gedit doesn't separate menu from toolbar and workspace just
like beaver. i think it is safe to leave beaver as it is now...

things you could notice from the screenshot:
-beaver has a detachable menu, while gedit hasn't, i don't know
 if it's useful to detach the menu, so if no one is using that
 feature we could remove it.
-gedit has a small (1 pixel) border around the text widget, maybe
 we could add it to beaver (i could have a look at it).

there is also another thing (but it isn't visible): gedit adds a
scrollbar only if needed, while beaver displays it even if there
is no needed for it...

those are the things that came to my mind just by giving a first
look at the two apps, and seem quite easy to implement/change.

what do you (developers) think?

cheers,

  riccardo

--