Re: [Beaver-devel] patch solving the small glitch...

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] patch solving the small glitch...
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:28:35 +0100

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:53:05 +0100
Riccardo Persichetti <address@hidden> wrote:

> > By the way - what has Beaver what gedit hasn't?
> > I am not a GNOME user, but they at least look quite similar...
> >
> one thing for all is, it's faster!!!
> gedit (on my poor k6-II) takes ages to load...
Why are you using Gnome, then?
I have an AMD Duron and still don't use Gnome because it is too big
and slow for my tastes. IceWM is very nice to work with.

> gedit on the other hand has got a great plugin system, so that
> things one doesn't use aren't loaded...
What kind of plugins would that be?

I like the nice pictures next to the filename in gedit's tabs.
Perhaps we can pack those in Beaver's tabs, too - but of course
in a real useful way, perhaps showing the type of document or
if known; or the Lexer used.

Leslie