Re: [Beaver-devel] Fixed strings inside extended regular expressions

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Fixed strings inside extended regular expressions
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:35:05 +0200

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:31:56 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Make that escape each character with a backslash.  Still ugly though.
> Any better way?
Sorry for the late response, I am back at it again now.
I don't exactly get why you say this is ugly - the user does
see neither escapes nor regular expressions at all if I got your point.

There is some other way; we can use one of those advanced in-pattern modifiers
the Perl regular expression syntax offers - but that way I guess we are getting
TRE incompatible. I'll talk with the TRE maintainer about this.
You can find the modifier on the 'perlre' page I mentioned in another thread.

Leslie