Re: [Beaver-devel] gtksourceview

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] gtksourceview
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 03:21:25 -0400

Leslie Polzer wrote:
I *really* think it would be a good idea to use it.

If it does all those things right, sure.
We can concentrate our resources on other things then.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. I'm sick of thinking of syntax highlighting. :)

Unfortunately, one of its dependencies is libgnome. This seems pretty unnecessary.

Yes, and quite inacceptable, too. I myself do not use GNOME.

Agreed. Adding complex dependencies is not fun. gtksourceview also depends on libxml2, but I don't see that as a problem, since it is everything-neutral and its a useful library for other things too.

I think I'll see how hard it would be to seperate the two.

Me too.

I submitted a patch to them to de-GNOME-ify it. They indicated a willingness to accept it, so hopefully the next release will be GNOME-free.

-mt