[Beaver-devel] GtkSourceView is live

From: Michael Terry
Subject: [Beaver-devel] GtkSourceView is live
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:13:38 -0400

I just made a huge dump to CVS. This is the GtkSourceView enabled Beaver we've all heard so much about.

You'll need a CVS version of GtkSourceView (it's hosted on cvs.gnome.org, I think). You will also need to configure it with --disable-build-tests so that it will compile without libgnome.

Once you have that done, you can build this beaver source. Syntax highlighting is working great, line numbers are good, an 80th-column margin is good, and language selection is a little nicer because it now uses a radio list.

Try it out. I think once the search functionality is finished (it almost is -- but I've abandoned replace for the moment), I think we're good for 0.3.1 (or maybe even 0.4.0 -- :)). I'd be willing to put out another 'marked unstable' release with it almost like it is and flesh out search for a later release. 0.3.0 is looking increasingly old-fashioned.

-mt