Re: [Beaver-devel] Website

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Website
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 16:57:34 +0200

On Sat, 31 May 2003 09:39:24 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Leslie Polzer wrote:
> > Hello Michael,
> >
> > First, Could it be that the directories credits/ dloads/ and about/ are
> > missing
> > in CVS?
>
> I seem to have them in my CVS, and when I try to "cvs add" them, it says
> they are already there.
Strange. I'll go try 'cvs add' myself when I upload the site.

> > Second, the website's quite a mess. It has a nice look, but...
> >
> > - the HTML is awkward with those nested tables
>
> Yes.
Now does that mean your for a change of design or not? :)

> > - we have a lot of redundant info (header and footer); I hope we can put
> > those
> >  in SSIs
>
> Yes.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information on SSI on Savannah. I'll search
their request tracker if possible and file one myself if I do not find anything.

> > - very few browsers support the MNG picture
>
> We are somewhat restricted by what the FSF lets us put up on their
> hosting.  No gifs for one thing.  We have to use patent-unencumbered
> formats.  The MNG's aren't really important, though.  I would only be a
> little sad to see the beaver's eyes go.  :)
Too bad we can't code any browser detection on Savannah.
Maybe we should have chosen another host.

> So, I agree that the website could use a makeover with sexy, new CSS and
> all.  Be my guest.  ;)
Sure, but not his release.

Leslie

--
Current Main System: LFS Linux dreadnought 2.4.20 #18 Thu May 15 19:11:10 CEST
2003 i686