Re: [Beaver-devel] Roadmap for 0.3.2

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Roadmap for 0.3.2
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 18:42:50 -0400

Leslie Polzer wrote:
I agree. I'll try to nail the unindent bug. But, while I was working on it, I noticed that unindenting doesn't seem to work at all. Did you disable it or something?

Haven't touched it, and still works for me with latest code base.

Weird.  I'll work on it.

So, there is an in-CVS way to tag or split branches or something, right? I'd be cool with some kind of split.

Ergh. Do I guess right that none of us is keen to check this CVS
stuff out? If yes, we'll have to throw a coin or something.

Heh.  I'll figure it out.

Support for the Recent Files specification.

If you mean that path/without path thing: this should be easy enough to
put it right in the new Prefs.

No, it's a different thing. I've got this love for following a specification of some sort -- it gives me less responsibility. :) So, I keep up with stuff like this (mostly at freedesktop.org). They've got a specification for putting opened files into a per-user list (I think at ~/.recently-used) so that a DE or something can show the user the list of recently opened files from all programs.

Drag and drop to/from the Beaver window.

Never did DND before, but that shouldn't pose an obstacle.

I've dealt with it before.  I'll take the mantle for the job.

As for planning when this happens, for the next version, I'd like to see the stability we plan. I'm cool if we make the next version just stability and maybe your new preference stuff. Those two are top on my list. (You know, this might be a good opportunity to adopt a kernel-style numbering scheme. Odd numbers for development, even for stable.)

Don't we have that already with 0.2/0.3 ? At least I present it that way
on the download webpage.

Yeah, I just want to formalize it. It means that this next stable release will be 0.4.0 and our work on new features will be the 0.5 branch.

Cool.  Preferences would be nice to see revised.

They are looking neat. By the way, do you happen to have those
color buttons as ready-made widgets? It'd be less clutter that way I
guess. On gtk-list I saw a recent post on a widget like this, but
I couldn't find more information except that it will be integrated
into GTK at some sooner or later point.

Nope. They are pre-0.3.0, and were thrown together by the previous maintainers. They are cool though.

-mt