[Beaver-devel] is this a bug on beaver-0.3.1 ?

From: Dudi Gurnadi
Subject: [Beaver-devel] is this a bug on beaver-0.3.1 ?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:20:26 +0700

I would try beaver as a text editor on my linuxbox.

Here's my computer specification:

Operating System: Linux slackware 9
kernel: 2.4.20 i686
GTK Version: gtk+2-2.2.1
GTK Engines: gtk-engines2-2.2.0
Cpu name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
cpu MHz : 1792.734
cache size : 512 KB
bogomips : 3578.26
Mem: 256292 KB
Swap: 449780 KB

Here's below the step's when i compiled beaver and gtksourceview

# whoami
root
# tar -zxpvf gtksourceview-0.2.1.tar.gz
# ./configure
success

# make
success

# make install
success

# tar jxpvf beaver-0.3.1.tar.bz2
# cd beaver-0.3.1
# export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
# ./configure
success

# make
success

# make install
success

# beaver
success

but if i'm running beaver as a normal user

$ whoami
dudi

$ beaver
Segmentation fault

What should i do if i want running beaver as a normal user ?
is this a bug ?

I really like this text editor. Thanks for a great job :-)

--
Dudi Gurnadi