Re: [Beaver-devel] Patches

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Patches
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:10:58 -0400

Stephen Depooter wrote:
On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 16:39, Leslie P. Polzer wrote:

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:07:56 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

Ok. Thank you very much for the submittal. I'll try to put in your patches this weekend.

However, I wonder if ALT+n is being used by current window managers. Does anyone know of any that use those shortcuts?

IceWM doesn't. I also have ratpoison and black/fluxbox here and will
try them out, guess tomorrow.

Using Metacity here,  I don't see any sign of Alt+<n> being bound to
anything.  However, I would really like it if changing tabs used the
normal Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown.  I thought that was the default GTK
behavior but beaver doesn't seem to do this.  In addition, I would like
the configuration option since I like to use Cntl+. and Ctrl+, to change
tabs myself.

Yeah, Ctrl+PageUp is more standard, and I would be more inclined to use that instead of Alt+n. As for configuration, that would also be possible, but we might not want to put in any UI for that. That's a pretty small detail.

-mt