[Beaver-devel] warrant

From: Henry Cain
Subject: [Beaver-devel] warrant
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:25:38 -0600

She tore the paperacross with one sweep of her hand and flung it on the floor. A newspaper placard, withlarge black letters, seemed to finish her sentence for her.
We are children playing with fireworks in the backgarden .
Its so good of you to come, she said, giving her a little pat onthe knee. He began to sayaloud the only poem he knew by heart. She told me to tell you to come to Delias party, he said.
The door was open; the table laid; but nothinghappened.
Butwhat I want to see before I die, she continued, is somethingdifferent.
We are children playing with fireworks in the backgarden . When you lived on the other side of the river, he prompted her. There were some things he hadnot told her. Eleanors figure stillseemed erect with indignation. The rush hour was over and nothingwent down the street. They had reachedthe public part of London; the illuminated. But your lives are much more interesting than ours were, saidEleanor. The one who sits looking puzzled with his hat in his hand, shesaid.
They were gliding slowlyround the square. Shall we send it back, she said, or eat it as it is?
The only fine thing that was said in the war, she said aloud,reading the words cut on the pedestal.
I cant see to read without a light, he said. A little shiver ran over her skin as the paper tore.
Thestreet lamps jiggering up and down outside made the houses oppositea curious pale red.
Or, on the contrary, was it good to feel like that