[Beaver-devel] red-handed

From: Cyrus Gordon
Subject: [Beaver-devel] red-handed
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:00:09 -0200

But, my dear, it isnt what ones glad to do; its what one is ableto do! Now, Odette, I must be off; youre not to keep Mme. And the letter which Iwas going to send Gilberte would be framed on those lines.
Once youve found your tongue, as the Mistress says,the ice will soon be broken. It was not only the furniture of Odettes drawing-room, it was Odetteherself that Mme.
Even the bedrooms, he says, are to have electric lampswith shades which will filter the light.
Cottard had incessantly assured me, made a completeconquest, first shot, of Mme. Cottard had incessantly assured me, made a completeconquest, first shot, of Mme. All the same, wasnt it just the least little bitexaggerated?
Meanwhile, since on almost every occasion of my going to see her Mme. You owe me somecompensation for not turning up last Thursday. Bontempsany longer, shes looking after me. Swann did not look as though she expected anything more.
Its adreadful thing to have a temperament like mine. No, you know, I always swear by Rauthnitz.
Life would be dreadfullymonotonous without it. Its very tempting, but more in a friends house than at home.
Verdurin, whom, she added, she hadnever seen make so much of anyone.
She canorder things from her tradesmen without having to go out of doors! Cottard, do you know whowill be there on Wednesday?
But this assertion can hardly have beenquite truthful, for Mme. Three timesthat at least, I should have said.
Swann on the new pieces, the recentacquisitions which caught the eye in her drawing-room.
And at last she did say to me: Really,must you go? Upon the days that followed I gazed through a mist oftears. What do you say, sir; she turned to me, was Inot right? Cottard, as she departed, had been filled with thoughts of a whollydifferent order.
Besides, what good would it have done if I had spoken to Gilberte; shewould not have understood me.
No, no, Ive no regular florist exceptDebac.
Besides, what good would it have done if I had spoken to Gilberte; shewould not have understood me.
Just fancy, the sister-in-law of afriend of mine has had the telephone installed in her house!
Swann, when her tea-party ended, Iwas thinking of what I was going to write to her daughter, Mme. Bontémps had made of driving her home behind her cockaded coachman. We shall just look in for a minute on the last Wednesday ofall. And at last she did say to me: Really,must you go? Besides, its only an oldthing Ive had done up.