[Beaver-devel] brittle primary color

From: Noll Yang
Subject: [Beaver-devel] brittle primary color
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:41:42 +0300

It is the quarrel between the religious and the humanistattitudes towards life.
To begin with, his examination of KING LEAR is not impartial, as hetwice claims. I believe this is a common habit of childrenand adolescents.
Regan and Goneril, are exactly the ones who will turnagainst him.
THAT ONE MAY BE TOO GOOD,while according to Brandes: Shakespeares fundamental principle.
Youveturned what might have been a good book into journalism. With his right handin his pocket he moved across to the window. The opinionthat art should have nothing to do with politics is itself a politicalattitude. He is doing that, but his quarrel with Shakespeare goesfurther. I will only saythat of late years I have tried to write less picturesquely and moreexactly.
The direct, conscious attack on intellectual decency comes fromthe intellectuals themselves. But here there arises a difficult question.
But here there arises a difficult question. So also with the innumerable booksand pamphlets commissioned by government departments.
But here there arises a difficult question.
Hisawakening will come later, when the totalitarian state is firmlyestablished. I have not writtena novel for seven years, but I hope to write another fairly soon. At this point the fool utters a prophecyin no wise related to the situation and they all depart.
Everyone writes of them in one guise oranother. However, throughout this time I did in a sense engage in literaryactivities. Theyrevolve round a central subject which in some cases can be reduced to asingle word.
Probably novels andstories will be completely superseded by film and radio productions.