[Beaver-devel] GtkUiManager test program

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] GtkUiManager test program
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:48:51 +0200

I made a test program to practice GtkUiManager a bit. It's based on this tutorial http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove_2fUIManagerTutorial, but extended with all the menus and toolbar icons from Beaver. Because it's just a test program, I connected all callbacks for the menu item/tool item actions to the same function. So clicking a menu bar item or toolbar icon will just result in a standard message printed in the terminal.
I still haven't got the radio buttons to work properly: all 6 radio menu bar items are treated as one list, of which only one can be selected. In reality, the radio buttons are seperated in two groups: 4 to choose the Doc Tabs position and 2 to choose the Scrollbar position. It must be possible to select one from each group.

Compile the test program source file with cc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` test-uimanager.c -o test-uimanager and then put the executable in the same folder as the .xml-file before executing it.

Please think of a way to implement the GtkUiManager code I wrote in Beaver.
I guess we have to add the GtkUiManager-part of this file to Beaver's interface.c.
The menubar and the toolbar in GtkUiManager are two graphical representations of the same action. In the .xml-file, both the menubar items and the toolbar items are declared. But in the code, both are just referred to as one "Action", which represents both the settings of the menu bar item and the toolbar item.
Ergo: we probably won't need the toolbar.c file anymore, because everything is in interface.c then!

Thanks in advance,
Double 12