[Beaver-devel] Beaver install folders (and a new segfault)

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Beaver install folders (and a new segfault)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:42:49 +0200

Yeah, about.xpm also needs to be copied.
That "response" signal is for clicking the OK-button, isn't it? Or is it also for the upper-right close x?

And I found a new segfault...reproducability might not be 100%.
When openening two files in Beaver (let's say interface.c and main.h), and then clicking Documents > Close All, it gives a segfault. According to DEBUG_FCN, the last used function was set_title.

Double 12

Tobias Heinzen schreef:
Double 12 wrote:
We have to rethink the directory structure Beaver is installed to when you run /make install/.
Now it installs the following files:
/usr/local/bin/beaver
/usr/local/share/beaver/bl/example1.bl
/usr/local/share/beaver/bl/example2.bl
/usr/local/share/beaver/bl/glib.bl
/usr/local/share/pixmaps/beaver.png
/usr/local/share/applications/beaver.desktop
/usr/local/man/man1/beaver.1x.gz

well one probable solution would be something like that:

/usr/local/share/beaver/bl/...
/usr/local/share/beaver/bin/...
/usr/local/share/beaver/pixmaps/...

everything is left unchagend and /usr/local/bin/beaver is just a simlink to /usr/local/share/beaver/bin/beaver then it should work, and everything is just in one place. could it be that "about.xpm" must also be copied? it isn't yet.
But the problem is, Beaver searches its pixmaps in the directory ../pixmaps. This works fine in the unpacked directory (src/ and pixmaps/ are on the same level there), but it doesn't work in the install directory (pixmaps/ is on a different level than the binary).

Also, I'd like to ask: which signal of the tool windows (color picker etc.) has to be connected to gtk_widget_destroy: "delete_event" or "destroy"?
In the AboutWindow this is done by this:

 g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT(AboutWindow), "response",
                 (GtkSignalFunc) gtk_widget_destroy,
                 G_OBJECT(AboutWindow));

This should be applicable as well for the tool windows, or isn't it?

greets Tobias