[Beaver-devel] Segfault when closing document

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Segfault when closing document
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:09:46 +0200

The segfault also happens when doing Close (not just Close All).
I found out that it happens when you Close the document before all the syntax highlighting is completed on the document. No wonder: when you Close the document, it g_frees things that are still needed by search_for_keyword_fastly to apply syntax highlighting.

One option to solve this may be speeding up the syntax highlighting, for example by removing some of the tons of Java keywords from wordfile.h (not sure if that works, though).
Another option is

By the way, Beaver uses 8 MB of memory on my system. That's a lot for a *light-weight* editor, there are just three programs currently running that use more memory. This may be something for a later release, but I think we have to look seriously at memory leaks and also prune the amount of features in Beaver. I understand that we want to have a full-featured editor, but maybe we could remove things like: font selection, and the .bl-files function to insert certain keywords via the Languages menu.

Double 12