[Beaver-devel] Menu sensitivity while opening file

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Menu sensitivity while opening file
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:36:38 +0200

I set all windows to modal and updated their signals.
Further, I spent nearly half a day on trying to set the menu items to non-sensitive while the opened document is being syhi'd:

In the file filesops.c, in the function open_filename, there's this code:
(...)
add_page_in_notebook (GTK_NOTEBOOK(MainNotebook), filename);
open_file_in_editor(GTK_WIDGET(FPROPS(OpenedFilesCnt - 1, Text)), filename, OpenedFilesCnt - 1);
(...)

At the end of the function /add_page_in_notebook/, the menu items are already set to sensitive, while the syntax highlighting still has to be done in /open_file_in_editor/, by the function /refresh_editor/. So I tried to replace the call /menu_set_files_open (TRUE);/ from/ add_page_in_notebook/ to several other places, like: at the end of /open_file_in_editor/ and in /open_filename/ itself. When running Beaver, this had the right effect, but after opening and then re-opening some files from the recent files list, the program crashed with a segfault in /display_recent_files/. I tried all sorts of things, but always when taking /menu_set_files_open (TRUE); /to a different place, I had this segfault again.

Maybe you guys could have a look at it.

By the way: I originally planned to fix all problems in Beaver 0.3.0.1 and then give that to the Damn Small Linux maintainer as soon as possible. But actually, lots of new bugs are appearing all the time. So, I think when we release 0.3.0.1, there will still be bugs in it we hadn't seen. Should we wait for the bug reports of users, release 0.3.0.2 with more fixes and then offer that to DSL, or will 0.3.0.1 already be stable enough for DSL?

Double 12