Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver API

From: Double 12
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver API
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:36:27 +0200

Well, I'm back! You did some nice work on the Plugin system; this is a strong basis for a further popularity growth of Beaver.

Can you tell me what's the difference between (for example) beaver_text_find_impl and beaver_text_find?

I hope I can do some good work when you're spending time on your exams. Until now, I haven't really written new code, I have just fixed things in Beaver, probably because of my lack of programming experience. But I can just get more experience when I write some new things. Maybe you have some good ideas? At least I can fix the interface with all the functions that need to be linked to the GtkUiManager menu items.

Double 12

Tobias Heinzen schreef:
Long time, no hear. ^^

I worked a little on the plugin system. There's now a cool Plugin Manager, with which you can load all your plugins with ease. I also added the possibility to add Preferences to plugins. The button is set to sensitive only if you specified in the plugin that you want preferences. I also added some more functions to the API. I also programmed a better search algorithm (and it's smaller too ^^; you can find it under beaver_text_find_impl). I also finished the tools plugins, which should replace all tools.

I will begin to do some more refactoring.

I've got some exams coming up, so I won't work that much for beaver. But that gives you time for having some great ideas ^^

greets
Tobias