[Fwd: Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver API]

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver API]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:11:06 +0200

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver API Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:10:43 +0200 User-agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 (X11/20080724)
Double 12 wrote:
Well, I'm back! You did some nice work on the Plugin system; this is a strong basis for a further popularity growth of Beaver.
Welcome back ^^

Can you tell me what's the difference between (for example) beaver_text_find_impl and beaver_text_find?
Well in essence beaver_text_find is just a pointer (actually a function pointer). beaver_text_find_impl is the implementation (hence the impl at the end :-)) of this. The function pointer is pointing to this implementation. The cool thing about this architecture is, that we can change the implementation (for example find a better search algorithm) and automatically all plugins use the new implementation, without having to recompile the plugins.

I hope I can do some good work when you're spending time on your exams.
Then hurry, got the last exams this week ^^
Until now, I haven't really written new code, I have just fixed things in Beaver, probably because of my lack of programming experience. But I can just get more experience when I write some new things. Maybe you have some good ideas?
Well there are many possibilities now that the plugin system is there ^^ A cool diff utility would be nice. Don't think that it should be hard.
At least I can fix the interface with all the functions that need to be linked to the GtkUiManager menu items.
I saw that you added an else case in box.c (in the function beaver_box_question_impl). Were there any errors before? I didn't think that the else case was necessary.

Greets
Tobias

--- End Message ---