Re: [Beaver-devel] Segfault

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Segfault
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:13:08 +0100

Double 12 wrote:
This segfault is a bit hard to reproduce.
It happens when you do the following:

   1. Create a new file and leave it empty
   2. Save the empty file as the first file in a hidden (.directory)
      directory

I looked a bit at it and found that it is caused in the line /notebook_add_page(filename)/ in the function save_file_as. I put some printf debug lines in the function notebook_add_page to look up the error, but now the error is not reproducable anymore.

Double 12
hi

firstly i appologize, didn't find much time lately to work on beaver. i think i know this bug. does it also happen if you just use "save as" without putting it into a hidden directory? if so, let me know. i've also encountered that bug, and probably came up with a solution but i'm not sure yet.

as soon as i get some more free time (i'm in a little bit stress right now: there are some university project deadlines involved ^^) i work on the preferences dialog, which should be the last part of the 0.4.0 release. I'm currently evaluating what we still need in this dialog.

greets
Tobias