Re: [Beaver-devel] Segfaults

From: Double 12
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Segfaults
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 22:36:03 +0100

It appears all the fixes work! Great job.

Things to be done by us before the release:
* Prefs dialog
* More work on the (maybe temporary?) new website
* Plugins: seperate them from the source code? let them install in $HOME/.beaver/plugins * Remove the "last updated date" line in the headers of the source files: they still point to somewhere in 2000 and it is too much work to insert the date everytime you commit something
* Doxygen
* Bugfixing...

Greets Double 12

Tobias Heinzen schreef:
Double 12 wrote:
The segfault when saving an empty first file and the segfault when opening the first file are both caused by our function notebook_add_page.
- the segfault when saving an empty first file I fixed in the last commit (hopefully)
- the segfault when opening the first file is now fixed
- the other segfault you mentioned I couldn't reproduce. can you give a step-by-step instruction?

By the way, what are we going to do with the API documentation? I'd suggest the documentation is only compiled using Doxygen, if the user explicitely says he want to do so, eg. by giving ./configure --create-documentation. So, normal users who just do ./configure don't have to care about the documentation and don't need to have Doxygen installed.
yes this would be a good idea.

greets
Tobias