[Beaver-devel] Patch: warning removal && TODO's

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Patch: warning removal && TODO's
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:49:12 +0100

Higor Eurípedes wrote:
I know, i know, its just aestethics but i really dont like warnings on
the compiling process :P

i added just some type casting stuff and added a missing header to prefs.c ;)

http://enygmata.site88.net/patches/beaver0.4.0/warning_removal.patch

Hi Higor

Had the same idea some moments ago ^^ thanks for the patch I will see to include it into the current code. I will also see if I could add the changes to the home-button and marker into the code (I think I have to change it a little bit, so that the user can choose if he wants to display the line or not).

You have done a great job and helped us a lot in the past days. I hope we could publish beaver 0.4.0 at the beginning of next year (theres mostly only some bugfixing left to do). I suggest the following last changes to the code and to do some bugfixing. I also list below some things we should do in beaver 0.4.1.

TODO beaver 0.4.0:
- introduce '--with-documentation' flag to the configuration script
- add 80-char marker (with option in preferences window)
- add intelligent home-button
- write a sample "hello world" plugin
- write a plugin documentation (howto?)
- bugfixing
- valgrinding

TODO beaver 0.4.1:
- rewrite undoredo.c (that thing is ugly :-) )
- editor.c and filesops.c need some rethinking (currently things are done in interface.c and in editor.c) - probably create syntax.c which handles syntax highlighting (instead of editor.c - the new name makes much more sense)
  - move some code from the both files into just one
- use glibs string completion algorithm for completion
- http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Automatic-String-Completion.html
  - perhaps outsource it into plugin?
- some other things from the TODO list (but not things syntax related, since that thing has first to be rewritten)