Re: [Beaver-devel] Closing tabs

From: Double 12
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Closing tabs
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:27:45 +0100

The -pg -ggdb option may solve some segfaults, but it doesn't solve the tab closing segfault. Not so weird, because this is not an optimalisation issue, but an issue that is caused by a wrong arrangement/setting of the GTK widgets:

(beaver:26147): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_notebook_get_tab_label: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (child)' failed

(beaver:26147): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_foreach: assertion `GTK_IS_CONTAINER (container)' failed
Segmentation fault

I think this is the reason (quoting myself from an older message):
It can't remove the notebook page because it can't grab the tabs. Probably the reason for this is that the tab label is not created through gtk_notebook_set_tab_label or gtk_notebook_set_tab_label_text, but through a normal GtkLabel packed into a box.
I tried to create the tab label with gtk_notebook_set_tab_label and gtk_set_tab_label_text. It solved the segmentation fault, but there were more GTK errors and the little 'x'-button on the tabs was not visible anymore
.

But maybe you have already looked at that.
Double 12.

address@hidden schreef:
Well I have now worked on some bugs and pieces. Especially
those segfaults you have mentioned. I was not really able
to reproduce the errors so I kept digging.

This is what I found out: The Makefile on the cvs
repository is another one to mine I use locally. I look at
it and saw that the cvs Makefile uses "-g3" for debugging
symbols. Some research later I found out that there is a
possible optimisation bug

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-01/msg00444.html

The segfaults are probably an effect of this bug. Can you
test if the segfaults still occur if you change "-g3" to
"-pg -ggdb"?

Greets
Tobias