Re: [Beaver-devel] About autotools and portability

From: Double 12
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] About autotools and portability
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:52:46 +0100

On Kubuntu 8.10, everything works fine.
On Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, autogen.sh works fine, but the configure script can't find GCC, probably because its path is /usr/bin/gcc-4.3

Greets, Double 12

2008/12/27 Higor Eurípedes <address@hidden>
A friend of mine tried to compile Beaver under FreeBSD but didnt succeed
so i decided to use autotools with beaver to improve portability.

After 3 (stressing) days i got it working today under those platforms:

Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)
Debian 5.0 (Lenny)
FreeBSD 7.1

I think its possible to compile beaver under cygwin too.

Here is the tarball i created :
http://enygmata.site88.net/patches/beaver0.4.0/beaver0.4.0.tar.gz

I ask you guys to test it before commit into the repository (if approved).
The sourcefiles (.c) might not be up to date.

Added files:

Makefile.am
autogen.sh
configure.in
src/Makefile.am
src/api/Makefile.am
plugins/mkmakefile.sh
build/                        (directory)
build/pkg.m4

Removed files:

Makefile
configure