Re: [Beaver-devel] GTK/Glib dependencies

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] GTK/Glib dependencies
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:53:19 +0100

Double 12 wrote:
A new report of compiling Beaver on SLED10. This time not the autools version, but the normal version of Beaver from the CVS. When I configure, it says I don't have the right version of Glib. That's true, on my system is 2.8.x while 2.14 is needed. Is it really necessary to have glib >= 2.14 for Beaver? Or could we set a lower version for this dependency?
Yes it is. I'm using some new functions that got introduced in 2.14 and the new regex search also was introduced in 2.14, so this is correct.
When I was compiling, it gave an error because GtkPrintOperation was not recognized. Couldn't it be that GtkPrintOperation was introduced in a recent version of Gtk? I'm using Gtk 2.8.x. The dependency for Beaver is gtk >= 2.6. Shouldn't that be higher? I'm not sure if people running Gtk 2.6 could compile all functions used in Beaver.
Yes this needs to get set higher (when I wrote the script, we didn't use the GtkPrintDialog and since then the dependency was correct). From the GTK Documentation (http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/gtk-High-level-Printing-API.html#gtk-High-level-Printing-API.description) for GtkPrintOperation it says that this option was introduced in Gtk 2.10, that's why it won't compile with 2.8. This must maybe also be updated in the autotools version.

Greets
Tobias