Re: [Beaver-devel] GTK/Glib dependencies

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] GTK/Glib dependencies
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:38:53 +0100

Higor Eurípedes wrote:
 This must maybe also be updated in the autotools version.

Done! :)

Hmm... maybe we can stay with the 2.8 min gtk version and only enable
the gtkprint* stuff
if the version is 2.10 or higher.
That's what I have thought too, but the problem is we do not have a failback solution for printing. In the old beaver we just the "lpr" command. Which is okay but the configuration for the user (especially if he want's duplex or something else) is not so easy. I wonder why SLED 10 only has gtk+-2.8?

Another idea would be just to remove printing support for those who do not have gtk+-2.10.

Greets
Tobias