Re: [Beaver-devel] Happy 2009

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Happy 2009
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 02:39:27 +0100

Double 12 wrote:
> First of all, happy 2009 everybody! Seems to be a good year,
> especially for Beaver.
Well a happy new year to you too.

I'm using this message to answer to a lot of things discussed so far in
the list:

@Higor: I tested the configure scripts, and that's what I found out so far

1) can you please remove the api library. it's never needed and thus
useless. in the end everything get's compiled it anyway so why don't do
it in the first place?

2) the "api.h" isn't needed by the user and doesn't need any copying. it
can be removed from the install process

3) is it possible to add the nice output also to plugin compilation?

4) I would say we settle on "-fPIC -O2" as CFLAGS. I don't think that
the normal user want to have all the debug flags included etc... Also if
you use -g then -O2 has no effect. It would be also cool, that the
installed binary could be 'strip'ped.

@Double12: The doxygen.conf is fine. What I think that we don't really
need the whole source code should be in the documentation (for that they
can download the source directly from the homepage or CVS). for that the
two options VERBATIM_HEADERS and SOURCE_BROWSER have both to be set to
NO. I also had to fix some small bug on api/ui.c so that it get
documented correctly.

For your question about the Mainpage. There is the command "\mainpage or
@mainpage"
(http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdmainpage) which
adds stuff to the front html page. I had to search a long time before I
found this.

---

Writing this HOWTO is not that easy as I first thought. And I've found
out some problem with the undo/redo mechanism and some other small bugs
(including the one Double12 mentioned). So the work on the HOWTO gets
interrupted to much :-) I hope to get it done this weekend.

Greets
Tobias