Re: [Beaver-devel] Happy 2009

From: Higor Eurípedes
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Happy 2009
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:57:54 -0300

> Looks good! I think just the plugin Makefiles need a small modification.
> They do this:
> make -C `beaver --include-dir` DIR=`pwd` module
> But if I I install Beaver in /tmp, instead of the normal /usr/local/share,
> it can't find Beaver. Then it needs to be `/tmp/bin/beaver --include-dir`.

i think that beaver is not found because it is not in your $PATH.

> Is there a way to look for this path where Beaver has just been installed?

Maybe. If each plugin Makefile were auto generated i could add some code
to specify where beaver's executable is at, but i dont like the idea: it would
force the users to have beaver source code (they need the configure script)
to create their own plugins.

Cya