Re: [Beaver-devel] PATCH: Code Cleanup

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] PATCH: Code Cleanup
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:13:37 +0200

Higor Eurípedes wrote:
> Hi, i made a simple patch to reformat beaver code.
> It just removes some unused code and reindent all the source files.
>
> The patch size is about 600 kbytes.
>
> link: http://enygmata.site88.net/patches/beaver0.4.0/code_cleanup.patch
>
> c.u. :)

Hi

I thought I announce myself on the list again. I worked on the printing
the past few weeks and tried to solve the problem were the line gets
printed over the right side of the page. I tried several things but non
of them worked, they way I hoped they did. My first idea was, to draw a
white rectangle on the right side. But the problem was, that certain
characters were exactly on the border line. The next idea was to somehow
guess the length of the text and then clipping the unnecessary text. The
problem here were the tabs, since they somehow reported wrong width or
something so this fix didn't work either.

I came to the conclusion that if your code does not overlap the 80-char
border, then it should fit onto the page.

Thank you Higor also for the code cleanup.

As for the "bug" with the config file: This is probably because you have
an old "beaver.h" somewhere installed on the system. The building
process will use the beaver.h you have installed and not the one, that
is packed. This is normally not a problem, when you install a fresh
beaver (and you also have to build the plugins after you installed
beaver). Before the autoconf Makefiles, I had a workaround for that,
which now doesn't work. The new beaver.h has no include config.h as you
can easily check.

Regards
Tobias