[Beaver-devel] Host change and the rewrite.

From: Higor Eurípedes
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Host change and the rewrite.
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:04:45 -0300

Hello folks,

For those who do not know: the project is now hosted on SourceForge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/beaver-editor and its active.

About the planned rewrite, i have recently pushed some new code into the
repository (branch unstable) which is in no way polished and i expect
memory leaks as i didn't get the motivation to play with valgrind and
Gtk in the same time. You all are welcome to review and contribute.

For the "new Beaver" some features are not decided yet and i want to
discuss which are the best e.g. which widget use to display the text:
GtkTextView with a custom highlighting engine (the old code uses this),
GtkSourceView or Scintilla.

Unfortunately, my two week college vacations are in the end and i my ISP
still haven't solved its problems with the telephony company i choose so
i can't communicate when i am at home, but i will be online from 16:30
UTC to 21:00 UTC (Monday to Friday) if anyone want to talk on the IRC
channel.

Have a good day.
--
Higor Euripedes (enygmata)