bibledit-development

[be] [bug #22950] Merging and Comparing projects work opposite

From: Wolfgang Stradner
Subject: [be] [bug #22950] Merging and Comparing projects work opposite
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:28:14 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #22950 (project bibledit):

The question remains, which one of the project P1, P2 is the
- 'big brother' and
- the 'little brother'

In the MERGE-tool this is well-defined, as choosing a
- master project, with different parts marked as 'deletion' and
- edited project, with different parts marked as 'insertion'

In the COMPARE-tool, this is not evident, which one is the older or the newer
one. (P1 can be compared with P2 and in the same way P2 to P1).
It marks
- current project, with different parts marked in bold
- other project different parts: strike-trough

What made me to relate the merge/compare tool is the deletion/strike-through
and made me wonder if this mark-up is parallel or opposite.

Anyhow, as I suggest in task
#8068   Compare: Bold for changed text? -> Underline (because of comparing
headings in bold), this relation will perhaps disappear, and then I do not
have problems any more with this.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22950>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/