bibledit-development

[be] [task #8662] Collaboration/Help: Add create same project on 2nd mac

From: Wolfgang Stradner
Subject: [be] [task #8662] Collaboration/Help: Add create same project on 2nd machine
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:21:06 +0000

Update of task #8662 (project bibledit):

Follow-up Comment #2:

Just looking at Network collaboration, I think that the description in
/collaborate_usb_stick.html#firstuser is too limited:

'First user
We are now going to setup the first user. This is the user that already has
the data on his computer. ...'

It is not necessary, that the first user has the data already on his
computer, he only needs an 'empty' project (without books imported).
He can use the option: 'Copy repository to local data' as a tool to import
all the books of the project he is collaboration with.
Right?

-> Put this into the help file as another option of importing books from
another project.
This reminds my of Paratext, which has the option: Restore Backup, which does
something very similar.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8662>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/