bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Bongo and .ts file

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Bongo and .ts file
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 05:14:57 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> That means arrow keys move forward backward but is not
>>> possible stop playing with space bar.
>>
>> This is strange.  Space bar should pause the media file
>> whether you're in Bongo or an mplayer window.
>
> This is one of mplayer's "features". It will resume upon receiving a
> command. Commands are sent frequently to update the time in Bongo (see
> `bongo-mplayer-player-tick').

Oh, right, I remember this bug.  I never understood the
cause of it, so it's nice to see it explained.

> There is a "pausing_keep" command prefix, but it is of no
> help here because it seems to skip a frame.

I don't even know what to say.

> Bongo has to detect the paused state somehow.
> Is this possible?

Only way I can think of is to check two or three values of
the elapsed time and see if they are, uh, almost the same.

But once we detect the paused state, we will never be able
to detect when the unpause happens, because we can't check
the elapsed time while paused!

Wow, this is so incredibly stupid.

I guess I'll add the `pausing_keep' prefix anyway, as a lame
pseudo-workaround.  That behavior is better than the current,
and at least makes it more evident that mplayer is to blame.

Thanks for explaining this, Daniel.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>