bontz-team

[Bontz-team] blender

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] blender
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:51:34 -0700 (PDT)

you're in luck, Chuck, the newest version of Blender
has a bunch of new radiosity and recursive environment
mapping toys, which to make a long story short means
the renderer churns out really friggin' cool stuff now
without the extra work it would have taken before.
That doesn't make my life any easier in terms of
modeling or animation, but I'll be all trippin' on
excitement over these new features and probably want
to render more stuff.  Only problem is that I'm now
envisioning a bigger, full-frame (though widescreen)
entrance for SterDroid rather than the layered in-game
one, so as to use more dramatic camera angles and
shake the ground and stuff, but I'll fight the urge
for now, because I want to see a movie playing on a
tile-based screen 'cause that means we'll have a
tile-based screen.  So in-game cinema it is, but later
on I might plea my case to have SterDroid's entrance
be an over-the-top dramatic thing.  (He's the first
major boss after all.)