cashew-s

[CASHeW-s] Re: Good and bad news...

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: [CASHeW-s] Re: Good and bad news...
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:05:03 +0000

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 19:13, Barry Norton wrote:
> When the coordinator said I could submit a position paper for the
> Semantic Web Services workshop next week, even though I’d worked past
> the deadline on the main paper (accepted today :), I didn’t realise
> that this wasn’t peer-reviewed.
>

> I’d therefore like some feedback from you guys on the attached (very
> short) paper before I submit final copy on Friday.
>

> TIA,
>

> Barry

Okay, well you asked for it, so here goes...

* For what there is, the content seems fine and makes sense (to me, at
least).  I'm not sure if you've covered all the enhancements you
mentioned in our meeting; I felt sure there was more, but I may be
mistaken.  Unfortunately, the minutes seem to have go to the wall --
wish I'd done them myself now.
* The sentence in the first paragraph, which begins 'We have constructed
this workflow' seems a trifle long to me (I tripped over it a few times
when reading).  Also, I think 'in any' should be 'if any'.
* Couldn't make any sense of the first sentence in the third paragraph.
* Maybe I missed something, but what are the global variables meant to
be in the diagram.  Doc?
* Just wondering if it might be better to caption and reference the
diagram, but maybe that's a bit over the top for such a small document.
* I don't know if this reaches as far as progress, but we do have a
working set of base CaSE SOS in Haskell... ;)

As an aside, I notice you referenced Si's dissertation in the
bibliography and the horrible URLs the DCS have used (.htm -- ick, makes
me sick).  In the same vein, they seem to have put up the bound copy
(wider margins) of my own dissertation, which makes it take up more
room.  Oh, well...

Anyway, I hope this helps in some way, and lmk if there's anything else
I can do,
Cheers,
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner