ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Re: ccrtp version 0.9

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Re: ccrtp version 0.9
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:43:37 +0100

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 05:03:24PM -0500, Yang, Xu wrote:

> Thanks Federico,
>
> The major problem I am having now is in the rtpsend example: I was able
> to send and receive on a Win2K system after the porting.

        Oh, really great! Is the first report I know of ccrtp working
on win32. I had started to do the port (only a few simple methods) but
never had the time and chance to test on a windoze.

> But it only works on local to local. When I tried to send to a
> remote system, the UDPReceive constructor is called since
> UDPIPv4Socket is derived from both UDPReceive and UDPTransmit, this
> UDPReceive will try to create a socket on the "remote" IP address,
> which will fail, of course, and throw an exception that is not being
> caught by anyone. Somewhere, either during my porting or the version
> change.

        As a general rule, when you build an RTPSocket, you should
specify local address and port, remote ones should be specified to the
`connect' method. I just realized the rtpsend example does both calls
with the same address, this is a clear deficiency in rtpsend. We have
two solutions:

        A) Add a sentence at the beginning of the file stating 'This
example is only valid for local to local communication'.

        B) Change the following line in the Sender class constructor:

                RTPSocket(ia)

                RTPSocket("0.0.0.0")

> I will keep on digging the problem and let you know what's going on. As long
> as
> I am using the right version for the ccrtp and cc++.

        I hope this helps.

> Thanks again.

        Thank you for your thorough testing. By the way, are you able
to contribute your patches? :) I mean if your employer allows you to
do so, I think David would be glad to add any contribution. Also, if
you are interested, I could send you (and also to the list if anyone
else requests it) the untested changes (functions findusername,
findhostfqn, timersub, timeradd and gettimeofday) I have in my local
work cvs.

> Xu

        Read you soon.