ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] IPC in ccRTP

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] IPC in ccRTP
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:32:27 +0200

        I did received your previous mail, but I have not been able to
answer before.

        I do not know what exactly you want to know about IPC in
ccRTP. Generally, that kind of services are provided by common c++. If
you refer to how the service thread passes the payload data blocks to
the user thread (and vice-versa), it is done through common threads
shared memory, using the Thread class from Common C++.

        As for the other question, one of the constructors of
SingleThreadRTPSession is like this:

        SingleThreadRTPSession(const InetHostAddress& ia,
                               tpport_t dataPort = DefaultRTPDataPort,
                               tpport_t controlPort = 0,
                               int pri = 0,
                               uint32 memberssize =
                               MembershipBookkeeping::defaultMembersHashSize,
                               RTPApplication& app = defaultApplication()):

        You can specify IP address, RTP (data) port, RTCP port, thread
priority, size of the members hash table, and the application this
session belongs to. Except for the first two parameters, all are
optional. app is the last parameter as I thought it would be the least
commonly used one. You can safely provide the default values for all
the optional parameters, and specify a different application
parameter.

        It would not be a bad idea add a complex example (in which all
optional parameters are used) to the manual.

        Bye.