ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] SchedulingTimeout problem

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] SchedulingTimeout problem
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:52:26 +0100

In principle we could, and apart from doubling the number of threads I
see no drawback. The idea is that the run method(s) must execute the
following 4 methods:

                        controlReceptionService();
                        controlTransmissionService();
                        dispatchDataPacket();
                        takeInDataPacket();

and these could be distributed between two threads, in a say
'DualThreadRTPSession' template. In the extreme case you could even
have 4 threads. I'm curious, have you find any scenario where having
just one thread downgrades performance?