ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] combining a sipstack with ccrtp

From: Michel de Boer
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] combining a sipstack with ccrtp
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:11:57 +0100

Hi Dan,

You can select an RTP port yourself and provide it to the RTPSession constructor.
Here is how I create the an RTPSession myself for my own sipstack:

       rtp_session = new SymmetricRTPSession(
           InetHostAddress(_recv_host.c_str()), _recv_port);

In case of an incoming INVITE, the _recv_port is the port that goes into the
SDP of the 200 OK.

I don't know if ccrtp provides any mechanism to autodestruct after a certain
period of time. I guess you can start a timer yourself and once it expires simply
delete the RTPSession object.

Michel

Dan Weber wrote:

Two days ago I was looking for a RTP stack to run along side with my
sipstack for our application.  We have a problem that doesn't affect the
sipstack but just the rtp stack.
Here it goes:

The sip stack uses non-blocking io to handle all of its requests and
automatically times them out.  Well what I want to do is create an
RTPSession per each SIP INVITE I get.  I don't mind if it chooses the
port, but I need to be able to know what the port is so I can encode it
into the sip messages.  As well, I want it to automatically send an rtp
bye and timeout after a certain period of time.  Assuming the rtp stack
timesout correctly, and I store its instance in an auto_ptr, how can I
be sure it calls its destructor?

Dan