ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] ccRTP with MS VC++

From: Lino
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] ccRTP with MS VC++
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:56:57 +0200

Hello!

For the last few days i'm trying to figure out which rtp stack/framework to use in my thesis. I need to implement rtp transmiter which have to stream various audio/video media formats across IPv6 network. On the other side it will be receiver - it would be nice if it could play audio/video... My project must be implement using open-source multi-platform solutions. I found solution with java JMF (ugh#!), but it is too slow...

I like ccRTP, and i think i can implement my project using it. But, because i'm newbie i have problems with compiling under win32 (i didn't try it yet under Linux).

   I have some questions and(or) suggestions:

1. why there is capexp.exe installer for win32 - why don't you publish zip file with source code and project files which can be compiled under MS VC++ 6/7? (I know that i can use precompiled dll's, headers files,... with capexp.exe - but wouldn't this be better?)

2. i spent whole day at google.com to figure out few basic things (like: i should use capexp with MS VC++). Then i accidentaly saw http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00002.html. Could someone put at http://cplusplus.sourceforge.net/ or at http://www.gnu.org/software/ccrtp/ or in distributed package step-by-step guide about compiling source code with various compilers under linux, windows, xbsd, etc. and also some notes about known problems. Maybe i could compile it under cygwin or with mingw - i couldn't find any step-by-step guide how to do this (i'm newbie - i know...)

   3. it would be nice to see few more examples (using ccRTP)...

   Thx,

      Lino