ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] problem while reducing the seding rate

From: Dinil Divakaran
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] problem while reducing the seding rate
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:26:26 +0530 (IST)

Sorry, I didn't mean the variable bit rate codecs. My doubt is
regarding any kind of data (audio, video etc).

Suppose we are using something like below:

     rtp_session->setExpireTimeout(10000)

then, the program sends only 3 packets. Whereas, if the above
statement is changed to

      rtp_session->setExpireTimeout(100000)

the program sends some 30+ packets.

Now, when I am writing a program to send data (be it of any
kind), I may use the program to send 1 MB of data or even
50 MB of data; so to what value should the expire timeout
be set ?

I hope, I have made myself clear this time around :)

I assume the value given to setExpireTimeout is in microseconds;
else please correct me.

- Dinil